Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32: Ubiquity

Day 32
Tao is everywhere.
It cannot be kept from the sincere.
-Deng Ming-Dao

Being everywhere at the same time, being in the present and in dream.

I had a dream last night that involved being in a community of people, even those I have not seen in a very long tme. They were all women. There were these two women who were discussing the spiritual search. I walked up and asked if could interrupt. I told them that I'd given up the spiritual search, for it had  never served me to find what I was looking for.

So, I stood next to a 4' cedar bush and asked them if there was anything about the cedar bush that they would change. I explained that the cedar bush was perfect in its natural construction, just as we all are each perfect in our natural construction. However, most of the time we cannot see our own perfection or that of the world around us. It is easy to see imperfection, just like it is easy to believe the more negative aspects of ourselves. What would you change about yourself if no one judge anything about you to be right/wrong, ugly/beautiful, fat/thin, etc.? You wouldn't change a thing because no one be judging you. Nature doesn't judge us, it accepts us just as we are. The problem with human nature is judgement everywehre, all the time.

If the Tao is everywhere, then it is also in the "dream-state" as well as in a "waking-state".

No comments:

Post a Comment