Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 23: Renewal

Day 23

City on a hill,
Untouched land beyond.
A fallow field is
The secret of fertility.
- Deng Ming-Dao

Dao writes, "...those who follow the Tao...understand the neef for retreat into nature. In the countryside, they find the nururing quality of freedom...(They) wander without societyal impostions."

At this time, when I'm working for a corporate entity for a tax season. Oh, how I miss my daily walk in the woods with my dogs. Freedom is priceless. Each night I come home and cry because I know I've missed the magical world I love so very much. I can't get that time or the walk back, if is forever gone. Nor can I regain that peace that washes over me and the satisfaction that I feel at one with the world - that I feel myself when I'm with the trees. Tomorrow I know that I'm off and there will be a walk, for if I do not go into the wild very soon my very survival is waning. It will hopefully renew me to continue to work so that I can eat the carrot at the end of the stick that dangles before me. I want be free again!

Moments fleeting.
within prison walls.
Yearning for nature's
renewal of the soul
-Demori



Posted by Demori Kennedy at 5:32 AM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment